ZERO-EMISSION TRANSPORT IS THE FUTURE
The number of zero-emission and hybrid private vehicles, as well as those used by public institutions and for public tasks, is increasing every year. In the coming years, more and more local governments will be switching to low-emission public transport, and from 2025, in cities with more than 100,000 inhabitants, combustion-engine buses will not be used, according to government assumptions.
ARP S.A. FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF ELECTROMOBILITY
Electromobility is an important element of ARP S.A. activities. We see the potential of this market - not only business benefits, but also those related to environmental protection and the development of innovation in the Polish economy. That is why in September 2016 we issued a permit for LG Chem Ltd (today LG Energy Solution) to build a lithium battery factory for electric cars. The factory is located in the TSSE EURO-PARK WISŁOSAN in the Wrocław-Kobierzyce Subzone.
In September 2020, ARP S.A. has acquired RAFAKO EBUS company, thus taking control over RAFAKO project consisting in development and homologation of an innovative electric bus prototype. RAFAKO has transferred the whole electric bus project to ARP S.A. Today, the project is being developed by ARP E-Vehicles sp. z o.o. - a company belonging to the ARP S.A. Capital Group.
LG Energy Solution
LG Energy Solution started its first investment in a lithium battery factory in EURO-PARK Kobierzyce near Wrocław in 2016. Due to the rapid increase in demand for batteries for electric vehicles in Europe, the company has been expanding the production facility almost every year (it is currently carrying out the fourth stage of the factory's development), as a result of which LG Energy Solution at EURO-PARK Kobierzyce is the largest EV battery factory in the world.
Total investment outlays already exceed EUR 3.1 billion, and employment in the future will reach up to 10,000 jobs. The factory supplies 60% of the European market for electric cars, and its target production capacity of 100 GWh will exceed the competitors' many times over.
Batteries from LG Energy Solutions near Wrocław are purchased by Volkswagen Group, AUDI AG, Porsche AG, BMW Group, FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, Ford Motor Company and others.
ELECTRIC BUS ARP E-VEHICLES
The electric bus is available in two versions: 8.5 m and 10 m. Both vehicles are the result of many years of research and conceptual work of specialized and experienced teams of the best Polish engineers and designers.
The bus of the length of 8.5 m:
- is the first Polish bus designed entirely as an electric vehicle, made in almost 60% from Polish components,
- compact dimensions (length 8.5 m, height 3.2 m) and low own weight (1.2 t) translate into manoeuvrability and lightness of driving,
- takes 65 passengers on board with relatively small dimensions,
- uses a pioneering solution where the batteries are not mounted on the roof under the floor of the vehicle, thanks to which the centre of gravity has been significantly lowered, thus obtaining exceptional traction properties and ease of driving (the bus achieves excellent stability of the driving track, ensuring safety during even the most difficult curves),
- despite the battery located under the floor, the entire length is low-floor and fully adapted to the carriage of persons with disabilities, equipped with a ramp and kneeling system,
- innovative motor in PMSM technology (permanent magnet synchronous) guarantees the excellent performance of the bus, i.e. acceleration, power, efficiency and reliability,
- thanks to electric power and the system of recuperation, i.e. energy recovery during braking, is economical in operation (energy consumption costs can be lowered by up to 70% compared to a bus powered by conventional propulsion),
- is composed of lightweight, durable and easily dismantled structural elements that significantly reduce the vehicle's own weight and, consequently, increase its range by 10%, (the frame is made of stainless steel and the plating is made of aluminium and polyester laminates),
- is zero-emission, environmentally friendly and, thanks to its electric motor, quiet and ecological.
A product that responds to the demand of local governments, which focus on improving the safety of youth transport. Currently, no domestic or foreign manufacturer operating on the Polish market offers a vehicle with similar parameters.
The vehicle has been designed in several variants which, depending on their specification and the type of technology used, are perfect for passenger transport in both urban and suburban conditions.
The urban version of the bus will be perfect for medium and light-duty routes, where the driver has a break of a few minutes to recharge the battery once the route is over (in the variant of the vehicle with the LTO battery technology, the recharging time is about 15 minutes).