REGIONAL CONSORTIA IN WARSAW AND RZESZOW
ESA BIC Poland was launched on 28 October 2022. Its aim is to support the idea of entrepreneurship and the use of space technologies in various sectors of the economy through an incubation programme.
The tasks of ESA BIC Poland include:
- promoting entrepreneurship,
- supporting cooperation between science, business and administration,
- activities enhancing international cooperation and support for the SME sector.
Beneficiaries of the programme, i.e. entities subject to incubation under the ESA BIC Poland programme are micro, small or medium-sized enterprises, operating on the market for no longer than 5 years, providing products, processes or services with the use of new technologies or with innovative use of existing technologies.
Under ESA BIC POLAND two regional consortia have been established: in Warsaw and Rzeszow. The leaders of the project are the following entities:
- Industrial Development Agency JSC (ARP S.A.) as the ESA BIC POLAND leader,
- Technological Entrepreneurship Foundation - leader of the Regional Consortium in Warsaw,
Podkarpackie Voivodeship - leader of Regional Consortium in Rzeszów.
THE PURPOSE OF ESA BIC POLAND IS TO SUPPORT THE ESTABLISHMENT OF COMPANIES
The basis of the incubation process in each of these cities is to provide financial, technical, business support, promotion and access to training and potential investors. A start-up incubated under ESA BIC POLAND will acquire:
- EUR 50 k of non-refundable financing,
- 50 hours of business support,
- 80 hours of technical support,
- 10 hours of legal support,
- access to offices and technical infrastructure for the duration of the incubation,
- access to the European network of ESA BIC incubation centres,
- promotion of the project on the international arena.
The objective of ESA BIC POLAND is to support the establishment of companies and commercialization of the resulting technologies. The incubation centre will provide start-ups with personalized assistance in setting up the company and developing a professional business plan. Furthermore, the Incubation Centre together with ESA BIC POLAND will provide advisory services towards raising additional funds from public and private sources. ESA BIC Poland aims to support 35 start-ups in the incubation process over 5 years.
tel. +48 22 695 3681