Thanks to a special law, Stalowa Wola will expand its area for industry
On August 31, 2021, at the premises of the Business Incubator in Stalowa Wola, an Intentional Agreement was signed between the Industrial Development Agency S.A. and the Stalowa Wola Municipality on the establishment of EURO-PARK STALOWA WOLA - STRATEGIC INVESTMENT PARK.
The conclusion of the cooperation agreement is a direct consequence of the signing by President Andrzej Duda on 28 August this year of the specustawa of 23 July 2021. The act introduces special solutions related to the special allocation of forest land in two locations in Poland, including, among others, areas located in Stalowa Wola. Thanks to the Act, real estate in the Stalowa Wola municipality can be allocated for industrial investments related to supporting the development and implementation of modern energy, electromobility or transport projects, serving the dissemination of new technologies and improving air quality or strategic production for national defence, high electronic technologies and processors, innovative hydrogen technology, aviation, automotive and plastics industries.
- The mission of the Industrial Development Agency as a State Treasury Company and as a development institution is, among others, to support Polish industry and to strive for its development and innovation. IDA JSC as the manager of i.a. the Tarnobrzeg Special Economic Zone TSSE Euro-Park Wisłosan, thanks to its rich offer of financial and non-financial instruments, for years has been taking care of the economic and social development of the Podkarpackie Province, including Stalowa Wola. The STRATEGIC INDUSTRIAL PARK EURO - PARK STALOWA WOLA, whose creation is initiated by today's agreement, is not accidental in that it is being developed in Stalowa Wola. These are the areas, which have the potential to, with the appropriate involvement of the parties, wise cooperation and skilful management, become a centre of modern technologies, giving measurable social and economic benefits - says Paweł Kolczyński, Vice-President of Agencja Rozwoju Przemysłu S.A.
Lucjusz Nadbereżny, President of Stalowa Wola added: - The great opportunity created for us by the government of Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki, the Sejm majority and Polish President Andrzej Duda motivates us to implement this historic challenge for Stalowa Wola. Before us is the creation of the most modern and best prepared for large investments zone, not only in Poland, but also in Europe. This is only possible in cooperation with such a proven and efficient partner as the Industrial Development Agency, which has been investing in and transforming the economy of Stalowa Wola for years. The creation of the Strategic Investment Park Euro Park Stalowa Wola also means creating a new economic brand on the map of Poland and Europe, taking into account the great potential of the companies operating in our city. Today we are taking actions which in the perspective of the coming decade will create several thousand high-paying jobs in innovative, very modern and environmentally-friendly areas with the participation of both Polish and foreign entrepreneurs.
The Agreement initiates joint actions of the Parties in the following areas, among others
- establishing the initial conditions for negotiations in the scope of carrying out the decision on the establishment of EURO-PARK STALOWA WOLA STRATEGIC INVESTMENT PARK;
- elaborating assumptions for the material and financial schedule of the Project;
- taking action to acquire the real estate listed in the appendix to the pending act on special solutions related to special use of forest land;
- commencing the procedure to formally establish a Special Purpose Vehicle dedicated to the management of EURO-PARK STALOWA WOLA;
- elaborating technical and legal analyses of real estates that can be acquired and developed for the purposes of future investments;
- elaborating of spatial development concept assumptions enabling preparation of attractive investment terrains and additional solutions constituting an offer for large foreign investors from sectors related to innovation and high technologies;
The cooperation of the Parties shall be carried out in partnership, in accordance with best practices and standards in this area and on the basis of legal provisions.